|Image source: Wikimedia Commons|
(Yes, we are talking to you),
If you spend a few more minutes and browse other articles of this website, most probably you will find that we have attempted our best to make compilation on Swami Vivekananda's quotes on (each an every/many) topics. We have already prepared 50 quotes of Swami Vivekananda etc.
Now and here we are going to make a list of Swami Vivekananda's 12 Most Powerful Quotations.
However we suggest you to please read the other articles of this website too.
- Arise and awake, for the time is passing and all our energies will be: frittered away in vain talking. Arise and awake, let minor things, and quarrels over little details and fights over little doctrines be thrown aside, for here is the greatest of all works, here are the sinking millions.
- All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
- Be not afraid, for all great power throughout the history of humanity has been with the people. From out of their ranks have come all the greatest geniuses of the world, and history can only repeat itself. Be not afraid of anything. You will do marvellous work.
- Calm and silent and steady work, and no newspaper humbug, no name-making, you must always remember.
- Let people say whatever they like, stick to your own convictions, and rest assured, the world will be at your feet. They say, 'Have faith in this fellow or that fellow', but, I say, 'Have faith in yourself first'. that's the way.
- Man never dies, nor is he ever born; bodies die, but he never dies.
- Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin ? to say that you are weak, or others are weak.
- Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life — think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, and this is the way great spiritual giants are produced.
- "The earth is enjoyed by heroes"— this is the unfailing truth. Be a hero. Always say, "I have no fear".
- There are many things to learn, he must struggle for new and higher things till we die — struggle is the end of human life. Shri Ramakrishna used to say, "As long as I live, so long do I learn." That man or that society which has nothing to learn is already in the jaws of death.
- We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.
- You will be nearer to Heaven through football than through the study of the Gita. These are bold words; but I have to say them, for I love you. I know where the shoe pinches. I have gained a little experience. You will understand the Gita better with your biceps, your muscles, a little stronger.
This page was last updated on: 13 June 2015, 5:10 am IST (UTC+5:30 hours)
Number of revisions in this page: 1